2020 was a challenging year for all of us, but the students of our Young Artists Initiative (YAI) are going to hit the ground running in 2021. Together with our industry partners, they aim to develop large-scale visual novels with several advanced features.
Sound design and story routes
We would like our players to interact with a cast of engaging characters, and we want to make their gameplay as fun as possible. We hope to program our game with the following features:
- Sound Design. After months of planning, we're able to insert sound effects and music into our game previews.
- Story Routes. Our writers and editors are also working on multiple story routes, and are creating several interesting characters that our players may interact with. We still have a wide range of characters that need voices, and will continue to hold auditions every month to fill their roles.
Improved character interactions
We aim to make our world a lot more immersive for our players. We're upgrading our interface with new features, which will allow players to:
We hope to increase the number of weapons, tools, outfits and equipment that players would be able to collect. We aim to develop an interface that allows players to:
- Browse through their existing inventory. We aim to develop an interface that allows players to search for and use items on their Missions (Meister High) and Quests (Crestborn). Each item would be catered to their character's rank, power and skills.
- Collect new items. Players would be able to upgrade their items as they gain more experience points. They may also collect new items on new levels, and unlock exclusive items in hidden areas.
- Distribute items to their friends. Each of our games allows players to select NPCs to assist them with their tasks. We aim to give players the option to equip their teammates with weapons that are compatible with their skills.
What we did in 2020...
We accomplished several things in 2020. Here are some of our most important milestones:
- Our writers came up with general concepts for both of our stories, as well as character concepts.
- Our artists completed sprites for our cover art, and for our huge range of NPCs.
- Our developers aim to integrate advanced features into our game, such as combat, navigation, inventory and immersive story options.
- Our audio team aims to find voice actors for our characters, and we hope to find a sound engineer and musician to help us with our soundtrack.